lunedì 3 luglio 2017

Sette Colli ("Seven Hills") swimming trophy (25-06-2017)

Clicca qui per la versione italiana

I get behind the stadium around 6.20pm (races started at 6.30), wondering what they have done with the parking lots. Even this time it's all blocked: I find it strange they have done it for swimming, even though I had seen from the photos of the days before that public was there and above all I know that from mayor Raggi we can expect everything. Arriving in front of the swimming stadium and ofthe gates of Olympic stadium I begin to realize that something does not fit in: there are people waiting in front of the gates of Olympic, even if the races have already begun, and above all, walkers sell souvenirs that don't look swimming-related. I find parking at around 6.50 when I was thinking of going back home now. After leaving my car, I can google "concert Rome 25 June have gone if I had knew, or at least I would have gone earlier.


I take a tevere Tribune ticket, both because it costs less, andcto arrive sooner (it is the closest to the ticket office). I'm in the stadium at 7.05. The Tevere Tribune is quite full, though less than the other days (always judging from the photos), the Monte Mario one a little less.

The first races are all on 200 metres. I begin to compare times with those of when I started followin swimming, forty years ago: the 100 intermediates are close to the world records of then, if not inferior. The final time of the women's 200 breastkstroke, then, is close to the male Italian record of then. The audience wakes up a bit for Bianchi, who collapses in the final and misses the podium, while less known (even for me) Pizzini and Panziera get it, raising less enthusiasm. This time, B finals take place before each A final (in the past they were sometimes all before, sometimes all after): in the men's 100 freestyle there are better known names in B final than in A (Cielo, Dotto).The event closes with the men's 800 freestyle: in what is presented as "fastest series" (yes, the writings on the board are in English only) there is a Kuwaitian, and I am surprised that there is also a competitive Kuwaiti now,  but it's not the case: the Kuwaitian gets a 4" gap in the first leg and ends 1'40" behind, lapped by all but one. Even the penultimate, a Spaniard, closes with a higher time than the female Italian record.


But the biggest applause is for Champions in the attendance: Rosolino interviewed, Paltrinieri who takes a prize, Pellegrini should also take one, but she does not show up (she announced her departure for a mountain training.

In the end it was nothing special, but I'm still satisfied because, after watching the horrible TV coverage of the European Cup of Athletics (I have seen  badly covered events, but this beat them all) I needed a bit of live sports

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento